Existing Functionality to be Preserved Until at Least 2022
A brief history of promotions in NetSuite:
- Standard Promotions were the only option at first, allowing promotions to be created and offered in Site Builder or phone orders like a % off coupon code. This functionality is pretty basic.
- In 2014, NetSuite released a SuiteBundle (a free package that users could install in their account) to support more types of promotions – line level promos allowing a single item to ship free, order based criteria, and things like Buy X, get Y free. This new functionality was welcomed and supported Site Builder.
- Around 2017, NetSuite began offering a new feature called SuitePromotions, with lots of new functionality:
- Stackable Promotions
- Auto-Apply Promotions
- Best Offer
- Cached Saved Searches
- Audit and Visibility
- Automatically Add Free Gift to the Transaction
The new feature is not compatible with the previous promotions – You can have both active in your system, but could only apply either a SuitePromotion or one of the others to an order, not both. The other major downside is that SuitePromotions can’t be used on Site Builder, where the vast majority of NetSuite companies host their sites.
- In November 2019, NetSuite announced that they will be removing standard and advanced promotions completely. [continue reading…]