Combining the Beauty of Nature With Abstract Modern Expression
There is a new art gallery in Portland that I’m excited about: Beaux Arts Contemporary. It was started by Eugenia Pardue, a local artist who has had shows all over. I have been following her work for years, and I’ve been to several of her exhibitions. After an artist residency in the Czech Republic, staying in an 18th century castle and painting (which I am hugely jealous of), and years of teaching university art courses, Pardue has started a gallery to showcase exciting local artists.
The two-dimensional computer screen fails to do these sculptures justice, it is much more fun to look at and touch in person. instantly recognizable shapes and fractals from nature emerge from the white on white paint, inviting the viewer to contemplate the pure angular aesthetic.
Abi Spring – Icy Beauty in Kiln Forged Glass
Dana Lynn Louis – Light and Shadow Across a Spectrum of Mixed Media
Louis’ work ranges from large, fascinating art installations to the small and intimate. Her many awards and exhibitions mirror the maturity that is evident in her work.
More from Fourth Wave
Latest posts by David Norris (see all)
- Make Your NetSuite Site Builder Site Secure – HTTPS Throughout - May 28, 2017
- An Introduction to Automating XML Sitemaps for NetSuite Companies - November 13, 2016
- An Introduction to NetSuite’s Reference Checkout & My Account Bundles - April 18, 2016
- Are your e-mail templates and scripts ready for the 2016.1 NetSuite upgrade? - February 23, 2016
- NetSuite Site Builder Categories – Bugs and Problems I Learned the Hard Way - November 20, 2015