Mon 10 Feb 2014
Install Google’s Newest Analytics for Your SuiteCommerce Advanced or Site Builder Website
Why Install Universal Analytics?
- Better user identification across multiple devices – get closer to tracking users, not just visits.
- For the first time, you can now track off-line conversions with the measurement protocol – trackable lifetime value in your web analytics!
- All future analytics innovations will rollout to universal analytics.
- Custom variables become custom dimensions, and are easier to implement and more powerful.
- Set your own campaign and session timeout values
- It can run alongside your existing analytics – it can be very helpful to have six months or more to compare between systems, as no two systems will ever match exactly in their reporting.
Prerequisites for This Guide
This guide is written for NetSuite SuiteCommerce Advanced and Site Builder websites. It assumes that you use the NetSuite checkout domain (checkout.netsuite.com or similar) as well as the default checkout process. If you have a custom checkout domain or use the reference cart/checkout or SSP checkout, you will need a different solution.
Set up a New Analytics Property
The new user interface has a three level hierarchy to your Google analytics account – Account, Property, and View. Multiple views can be configured for a single property, which allows you to interpret the same data in multiple ways. Continue reading “Guide to Installing Google Analytics Universal for NetSuite Websites” »